Thursday, May 24, 2007

Kelas Tajwid



Every tuesday and thursday morning; 930 to 1130, I attend Tajwid class at Surau Casmaria with 15 other ladies led by Pn Nurida Isa. Alhamdulilah, we started the class in January and so far, all of us showed tremendous improvement in our Quran reading.

It was announced today that we are shifting the Thursday class to Friday at the Reading centre. That's ok. As long as we continue to attend the classes. It is so important to attend such classes. As Ustaz Dr Abdullah said, our responsibility towards the Qura'an is to have faith in it because it is Kalam Allah, read it, understand what we read, "amal" what is being taught in the Qura'an and teach others about the Qura'an.

As for Tajwid, it helps us to read the Qura'an properly, minimize the mistakes and read it beautifully. If we read the Qura'an wrongly, we might change the meaning and thus, we have created dosa for ourselves without realizing it.

Wow, its amazing what knowing Tajwid had done to improve my reading. I still have alot of room for improvement but my goal is to master the Qura'an as it is the guide of my life. Tafsir is equally important....I'll write about it later.

Before this, I did not know about all the laws in Tajwid like Idgham, Izhar, Ihfaq, Iqlab, etc. Now I can at least identify all the laws when reading the Qura'an. It is quite an achievement. Subhannallah, I am so grateful that I am given the opportunity by Allah to learn Tajwid.

No comments: